alcladrv

Well Known Member
I'm looking to upgrade my seats in my -7A. I need some that are comfortable for 3 hour legs. My current seats are marginally adequate for 1.5 to 2 hr. legs. Looking for suggestions and experiences.

Thanks,

Mike

What foam is in your seats. Perhaps just replacing with a better foam would do the trick. It did for me.

+1 for CAD. 4 hours in the seat with no problems. Can't go wrong with those seats!

Oregon Aero

You can't forget Oregon Aero. Many layers of custom contoured tepur-pedic styled foam varying in density depending on the area. Can sit for many more hours then the rest of the body will put up with......:rolleyes:
Everyone that has sat (grammer?!) in my plane is amazed.

Tanya and I still rave about our Classic Aero seats. We can sit in them for four hours and not even be bothered. Way better than my new car seats. Best investment of the whole plane.

Funny but I don't have a problem with Van's cushions, covered in nice leather by a local hotrod interior guy.

I had the Van's cushions covered in velour. Flew many times 3+ hours and out west in the saddle for 8-9 hrs.

Roberta

I'm looking to upgrade my seats in my -7A. I need some that are comfortable for 3 hour legs. My current seats are marginally adequate for 1.5 to 2 hr. legs. Looking for suggestions and experiences.

Thanks,

Mike

I'm all about Abby's at flightline interiors....never had the first problem with the backside.

If you're finding your butt/tailbone is hurting then you need to put foam wedges under your legs so that the back of your legs and bottom equally distribute the load. As an example in my RV3 the wedges taper from 3 inches to 1/2 inch in a 8" length, placed under the set cushion. YMMV
Tom