flylevel

i read, somewhere on the forum, about a "seat modification kit" that would give you the room of an RV-10.
i'm only 6', 195lbs and not too thick, but the way i built my seats, anyone with a bit of a belly has a "personal experience" whenever i taxi with the stick all the way back.
it may have been designed initially for an RV-6, but my understanding is that it has been used on the 7's and 9's
bottom line, i can't seem to find that link anywhere. and i'm seriously considering this modification.
has anyone here done it or has access to the link?

I think it's just for sliders, not tip-ups. Check the anti-splat website to confirm.

I did the mod on my -7a. For me at least, it was significantly more work to install than the video instructions led me to believe, but very happy with the product. Had to relearn my landing technique all over with the change in seat position. Wasn't used to being comfortable!
erich

The key phrase I saw here was "not used to being comfortable".
Why would you fly a fantastic kit plane and not enjoy the seat?
Go to the Antisplat aero web site and have a careful look. ......
Good engineering to follow a good kit. Allan is a sharp guy. Research the design and you will see it is not hard to install and will accomplish needed angle on the seat.

How I made myself more comfortable

Last week I decided (after three years) to make myself more comfortable in our RV6A. I moved the rudder pedals forward as far as we could (3/4"), Cut my seat backs down 3 1/2" and added another row of piano hinge so the seat mounts another 1 1/2 inches rearward. I finally am able to sit with my legs extended comfortably. By moving the seatback rearward, I sit a little more upright but that actually made seating more comfortable and improved my vision over the cowl. The whole process only took a few hours. If these mods hadn't made me more comfortable, the next move would have been Allen's "Almost '14" product.

Just completed the same mods on our 7,changing the rudder pedal angle also helps keep my feet off the brakes .the seat is more comfortable and the extra legroom is nice,i dont have to rest my knee on the fuel selector anymore.