F1RocketEVO

I'm New Here
I am re-upholstering the seats in my F1 Rocket. I would like to add seat heaters. Tried Flyboys website, phone number, and e-mail and they are NORDO. Their website lists both of the seat heaters they sell as out of stock. I am ready to upholster and need an alternative source. Suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Tracey

Last edited:
I bought mine from an automotive supplier on Ebay/Amazon. Nothing particularly special, so I think price drove my choice.

I have purchased several sets from automotive suppliers. The set should come with switches, relays and wiring harness. Mine draws about 3-4 amps each on " hi" setting. Will need to mount the relay within 2' of seat back.

Last edited:
Harness

Be careful when using the “factory” harness. I purchased my heaters on Amazon; the harness was horrible with poor crimps and cold solder joints. I ended up fabricating a completely new harness.

Miami Corp

Here is the supplier that that one of the interior suppliers uses for leather and headliner materials. They also have seat heaters.

https://www.miamicorp.com/buy/product/issh/CLENC5d00f7cd09cec474?text=heater

And we did the same as Bob on both the 7 and 10. The factory harnesses might be fine for a car, but we didn't want them in the plane. We used the supplied relays and switches, but all tefzel wire to/from the heaters with Deutsch connectors.

Last edited:
I bought my harness from Lemke prior to ordering the interior so I could install it with the rest of the bundles.

At least in that application, the only thing the relays do is switch the seat back and bottom elements from parallel to series wiring. The difference in resistance is how it gets the high/low function.

If I had understood this before I had it all in place, I would have ditched the relays and just wired up a simple on/off switch. who uses "low" on a seat heater?

I bought mine from an automotive supplier on Ebay/Amazon. Nothing particularly special, so I think price drove my choice.

same here. Have worked fine for years. Pretty sure it all comes from a small set of suppliers over seas. Though I am sure there are a few low quality suppliers. I did not trust their cheap wires and re-wired everything to aviation standards, except the pigtails coming from the heating elements.

Last edited:
How do you install the seat heaters? Is it inserted under the cushion or under the fabric next to your pants?

Here is the supplier that that one of the interior suppliers uses for leather and headliner materials. They also have seat heaters.

https://www.miamicorp.com/buy/product/issh/CLENC5d00f7cd09cec474?text=heater

And we did the same as Bob on both the 7 and 10. The factory harnesses might be fine for a car, but we didn't want them in the plane. We used the supplied relays and switches, but all tefzel wire to/from the heaters with Deutsch connectors.

Or you can buy them directly from where that company buys them and while they charge you $140 for 2 seats heaters you can get the same ones for $21 for both seats too (free shipping) if you can wait 2 weeks for them to arrive. Exactly the same product, I ordered them for my Jeep.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3736910853...EceBAZ2skrF7a+Mbp7t2kz/w==|tkp:Bk9SR-rK6JvzYQ

How do you install the seat heaters? Is it inserted under the cushion or under the fabric next to your pants?

It is glued to the foam either before the cover goes on or after, if it has a generous zipper opening. Often glue is then applied between heater and cover to achieve the contour of the bolsters.