Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycosaurus

Well Known Member
Hello All,

Just found out about a group buy elsewhere, and though I would share the info ....

Not tool long ago, my wife was asking about whether we would have heated seats. She really likes them in the car, but I'm only somewhat partial to them.

Upon searching for heated seats on the internet, found that carbon fiber kits seem to be the most durable, and better product. Prices vary, but if you notice carefully, they seem to be manufactured by a same German company, Heizgerat Setz.

They're normally $80 on heatedseatkits.com, which they also sell on ebay for $70/75. With this group buy, they are $60 each (all the prices mentioned includes shipping, switch, harness.). No brokerage fee for us Canadians (it is shipped from Vancouver), and for US, it is shipped from Washington state. You can pay by paypal, or if you call them, credit card. See instructions below. [outside of North America, shipping is $20]

I just bought a set, and it should get here in about a week. Won't Shirley be surprised when she finds them kit gift wrapped as a birthday present for her:rolleyes:

Note that I have no affiliations and make no money out of this (though the person who set this up may be getting a small kick-back... whatever).

I only found out about this when I spoke to a sales rep at heatedseatkits.com when asking questions about their product. He informed me that a group buy was possible, and metioned that if I set one up, I could have them for $60, and a $5 dollar kick-back per seat ordered.

The group buy's thread:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=180281&page=4

I've quoted the text of interest below.

Quote:

Guys,

I have had people asking about the part number listed. The company will be issuing the Innovative Heat III kits for our group buy --- they upgrade to this but I did not know until I called and questioned the part number issue. All orders to date have been annotated as the Innovative III so you do not have to call in to adjust.

These kits usaully sell for alot more and the only difference I see is that the elements are 2" longer. I asked and they said it would not effect the install. If someone really wants the Innovative Heat II, I assume you could specifically request it.

Guys,

I have had people asking about the part number listed. The company will be issuing the Innovative Heat III kits for our group buy --- they upgrade to this but I did not know until I called and questioned the part number issue. All orders to date have been annotated as the Innovative III so you do not have to call in to adjust.

These kits usaully sell for alot more and the only difference I see is that the elements are 2" longer. I asked and they said it would not effect the install. If someone really wants the Innovative Heat II, I assume you could specifically request it.​
Originally Posted by Brindleboxer
Rick,
They agreed to take orders directly from the members!!!
Here is the information for ordering:
Using paypal --- send funds to [email protected] title reference is Glen Group Buy. Put down in the remarks it is for Part #29708, Innovative Heat III kits
OR
Phone Orders --- 1-800-975-1764; tell them it is for Glen Group Buy and give the part # 29708, Innovative Heat III kits
The cost per kit ($60) will be honored for all orders, this will include the free shipping. They did say if you really have to have your kit ASAP you could add $10 to the order for express shipping and get it like yesterday.
If you have any problems, please e-mail me and I will do my best to clear up any issue that arise.
Glen
Here's the company link:
http://www.heatedseatkits.com/heatedseatkits/index.html

Hope this helps someone.

P.S. I will let the moderators decide if this post is in the appropriate forum thread. (It is now. Mike Starkey)

Last edited by a moderator:
H3 pad is 2" longer, therefore 18", and it is waterproof

Christopher,

I updated the previous post with...

have had people asking about the part number listed. The company will be issuing the Innovative Heat III kits for our group buy --- they upgrade to this but I did not know until I called and questioned the part number issue. All orders to date have been annotated as the Innovative III so you do not have to call in to adjust.​
These kits usually sell for alot more and the only difference I see is that the elements are 2" longer. I asked and they said it would not effect the install. If someone really wants the Innovative Heat II, I assume you could specifically request it.​
The above is from the link I provided earlier (the ih8mud forum post).

I had not asked the sales person regarding the difference in the heat pad models when I first ordered. Just called heatedseatkits.com again, and the salesperson told me that the H3 pad is 2" longer, therefore 18", and it is waterproof. The H2 pad is not waterproof, and is 16". Everything else is the same. She confimed that the H3 is not the hotter model that they sell (it is more expensive). The waterproofing does not make the pad any stiffer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.