swixtt

Well Known Member
anybody have a place that fixes harnesses? as in 5-point harness?
i would really like to find some shoulder padding for those top belts too.:D

What needs repair?

In climbing/caving, we used to take our webbing to a old-fashion shoe repair shop or canvas/boat-type cover maker to stitch up the nylon. Probably have to ensure you do NOT mention it's for an aircraft in this litigious world today.

anybody have a place that fixes harnesses? as in 5-point harness?
i would really like to find some shoulder padding for those top belts too.:D

Do you have a parachute jumping place nearby?

The riggers there should be able to do good repairs/modifications on seat belts, and should not turn you away if it's for an airplane...:)

Your local hot air balloon repair station would also have the materials, equipment, and expertise to do whatever you need.

don't have anything like that around here at all:(
looking at one of these banners, that i've tuned out long ago and really can't stand, i see oregonaero, wonder if they do repairs??

harness's 'R US?

I forget where youse guys are...the Kootenay's?
I bought a roll of automotive seatbelt webbing at Surplus Herby's, and had the shoe repair guy next door stitch up a harness for our previous a/c. .....it seemed really tight and sturdy to my eye.
Maybe not a lot of stitchers around anymore, but don't forget the industrial supply houses ( Acklands?) that might deal with fall-protection harnesses, (although they usually get tossed), or the stock-car/racing shops.
Outfits that do big tarps for trucking or awnings for the sign business may also have industrial stitching machines, but that's getting a bit out of the seat belt field.
Then there's a lot of guys that do leather harness & saddles, or gear for the motorcycle industry.
good luck eh?