pvalovich

Well Known Member
I have just made initial inquiries to Flightline Interiors regarding upholstry for my -8A. One of the previously unknown unknowns was the possibility of selecting their confer-foam material for additional $. Anyone have an opinion of whether it's worth it?

Also - I have heard nothing but good things about Flightline Interiors. Anyone have an opinion comparing them to either Oregon Aero or Vans - or others?

Get the best foam possible.

Your derriere will thank you.

I started with one blue and top of pink in the passenger side seat and considered that too hard so on my side I went with two inches of p*nk. I suspect that seat experts can provide better advice.

Absolutely

If you're gonna do more than 1 1/2 hour cross-countries, absolutely. I did 2:15 last week and was starting to hurt....needed to get out. Check out this company:
http://www.seatfoam.com/

Confor foam is the way to go. It comes in pink, blue and green...the respective stiffnesses from soft to harder and your seats are assembled that way for max comfort. Shoot for 3" total thickness.

Regards,

Seat of the Pants

I spent a lot of time at Osh and local fly-ins looking at interiors (and have been able to get some stick time in a variety of RVs since then). I've been very impressed with the quality of Cleaveland, Flightline, and Oregon Aero. Other vendors quality may be just as nice-these happen to be the ones I've been able to try out.

The foam mix makes a huge difference in comfort. This very much a personal preference, just like car seats, but IMHO the confor foam is definately worth the extra $$.

Last edited:
It's worth the money

I had generic seats in my plane and with a little squirming a couple hours was palatable.
I went with Oregon Aero's and it's now a new interior. Not only are they extremely comfortable, they look great.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Seats

I purchased the "core" seats from Oregon Aero and had Flightline Interiors cover them. Looks are fabulous. I will tell you what it feels like once I get my plane in the air in 2008. I also have Classic Aero seats in the current RV-9A that we are flying Phase I time. I have flown for 2.2 hours with no negative effects from lack of comfort. So far, so good.

Pat Garboden
Ozark, MO
RV-9a N942WG slider
flying

RV-9A N942PT (reserved) tip up in wiring stage

Mine are three layers, one ea. firm, medium, soft. The seat covers have a zippered back to allow the layers to be changed. In Michigan the swing in temperatures, 80*, between summer and winter affects the firmness of the seat. The option of softening things up a bit is nice. Used www.aviationsupplyonline.com