Kato's 8

Well Known Member
Hello all,
Trying to pick who I want to make my seat cushions. Does anyone have any strong opinions for or against an upholserer?
I quickly recieved samples in the grays I was looking for from Cleveland quickly after I requested them and I like that.
I also Like the Classic Aero webb site because they have plenty of color samples to see before even asking for samples. They also claim to send 25 samples on average per customer.
I have good things about Flight design on the forums here before but have not dealt with them yet other than to shoot email for samples.

Im looking for nice seats but not rolls royce. Just want better than average looks and comfort. Speed and ease to work with the company important.

Thanks

I used Oregon Aero and am very happy with their work. I might suggest that you have whomever you choose send the cushions prior to covering so you can see how they fit you. You seat height sitting in the hangar might not be what you would like when flying. I had to add an inch to the thickness prior to having the front seat covered.

DJ does a great job at Cleveland Tools

I love the seats she made for my 8. They are nice looking and are very comfortable. I consider them a great value.

since you asked....

I have no upholstery shop pirep, but if I were replacing my seat bottoms, I'd sure think about shortening the part forward of the stick.
I can't see when your thigh ever gets near them, and when you are sliding in and out, that's exactly where the heel of my shoe always catches, and lifts the dang cushion up!!!
If you can't stand the look of a shorter cushion, I'd at least taper them down agressively....I think it would look pretty sleek as well.
just my silly a$$ed opinion as usual.

I've had my Oregon Aero seats for 7 years now and they are just as firm and comfortable as the day I got them.

Whether it's a short acro flight or an all day cross country they never leave me hurting.

Hello all,
Does anyone have any strong opinions for or against an upholserer?
Thanks

I think you'll find Abby at FLIGHTLINE INTERIORS to be what you'll looking for. You will get the quality and comfort w/o the high price.
[URLhttp://www.flightlineinteriors.com/[/URL]

Abby

I went with Flight Line Interiors. The seats are great, and very comfortable. I also had her install the seat heat option...the wife loves it.

One more vote for Abby

I asked her to make my seats with a non-standard material (1000 'ballistic' denier nylon) for my military scheme; she found the stuff in several colors, and did a great job on the heated seats for my 8A.

Re: Seat Cushions

Hello,
I want to pass my vote along for DJ at Cleaveland. I bought my seats used here on this forum. When I needed some booster cushions made, DJ went above and beyond. Not knowing who originally ordered them, she used e-mailed pics to match the fabric up perfectly. They're are reasonable, do excellent quality work and most of all really comfortable. You really can't go wrong with any of the companies mentioned to date. But DJ knows how to make upholstery. Thanks, Tim