RV8iator

Well Known Member
Benefactor
I was reading the post a few days ago about the Hooker Harness clones that are used for racing and decided to ask a friend that is big into drag racing what he used and where he got them. Turns out, he too uses the RJS Racing 5 points harnesses in his drag car. Seems the AHRA and he said he believes the NHRA also require replacement of the 5 paint harnesses every 2 years. He just happened to have 2 complete sets of 3" belts and harnesses with 2" crotch straps still in their original boxes that he had replaced just this year. Total time of use == about 3 dozen race meets, which equals only 3 dozen times out of the garage and into the sun. Total cost to old friend,(me) $0.00. Included shipping and all hardware. The only cost was bushings to make the 1/2" holes fit the 1/4 " bolts on my 8.
If any of you folks have and drag or other race buddies, you may see if they too have almost new, replaced harness sets.

Last edited:
Nice, just my style. I'll have to remember that for my budget build when I get to seatbelts. :D