SebsRV7A

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I am ready to install the baggage compartment window on my tipup. I'd like to seal the plexiglass to the rollbar for water and noise. Can I use RTV on Plexiglass or something else. Clear material preferred. Thanks!

Sebastian Trost
RV-7A
almost done!!!!

I was told you can use Lexel and it won't hurt the canopy. You can find it at Ace Hardware stores (didnt find it at my Home Depot).

On mine, however, I glued my window on so that should be enough for me.

- Scott

Proseal works great for this

Take some proseal put it in a ziplock baggie and cut a small portion of the corner off. Roll it up to compress the proseal like a cake decorating icing dispenser.

You can apply a nice even bead of proseal along the joint and the stuff can be painted if you want. I did this around the outside of the rear glass as well after masking off the window with 3M electrical tape. It makes a nice paintable fillet that blends the skin to the plexi.

Jeff - 120hrs flying -7A see you at OSH!

Fuller's Ultraclear

I used Fuller's Ultraclear.
Aluminium and perpex safe.
Easy to use.

Pete.
PS. I would have used Lexel but it is not available in Aus.
P

Needed?

If you do a Targa strip you won't need to seal this area. If you do use a sealer make sure you are installing for the final time!!!!

So the rear window can easily be sealed, any suggestions for the canopy itself. ie where it closes on the rollbar?