Craig23

Well Known Member
Hi everyone,

I've been working on my engine in preparation for mounting it, and had a question about installing my prop governor. I'm using a PCU5000. The instructions say to coat the gasket with an "appropriate release agent". I've searched the forums, but haven't found a definitive answer on what to use on this gasket. It is the one with the screen in it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi everyone,

I've been working on my engine in preparation for mounting it, and had a question about installing my prop governor. I'm using a PCU5000. The instructions say to coat the gasket with an "appropriate release agent". I've searched the forums, but haven't found a definitive answer on what to use on this gasket. It is the one with the screen in it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

CRAIG.... Call AMERICAN PROP IN REDDING and ask them if you don't get an answer from here.

Don't use a sealer

I called Eagle Engines where my Superior came from. Talked to James and the answer was....don't use anything. Put in place and torque it down.

Almost forgot

I called Eagle Engines where my Superior came from. Talked to James and the answer was....don't use anything. Put in place and torque it down.

Almost forgot, don't forget the gasket