Mark Dickens

Well Known Member
Patron
I have decided to locate the battery and possibly my VP-X in the forward baggage area (in the drop down) and would of course install a cover over this area, but am concerned about the best way to make sure that rain can't get into this compartment. Any suggestions for sealing the baggage door?

Door

Might get some ideas from the way Mooney channels the water on their external behind the instrument pannel access cutouts. IIRC, they have little gutters that drain the water down

Mark,

I have a similar arrangement in my -8, and in almost 1000 hours I've never had an issue with moisture getting down into that compartment, or even the baggage compartment above.

My canopy cover extends over the baggage door, which probably helps when the rain is moving faster than the plane.

Mark,

I have a similar arrangement in my -8, and in almost 1000 hours I've never had an issue with moisture getting down into that compartment, or even the baggage compartment above.

My canopy cover extends over the baggage door, which probably helps when the rain is moving faster than the plane.

Did you do anything special when you installed the door, like a flat rubber seal on the flange? I definitely will get a cover and have it extended to cover the baggage door too