ron sterba

Well Known Member
Got a question for you pro-Seal artists. Today I plan to seal the Fuel sender (Stewart Warner) to the access plate. There is a rubber gasket. Do I smear proseal on BOTH sides of the rubber gasket as well as the screws to assemble or assemble the rubber gasket dry and dip the screws in proseal and assemble then smear proseal all over the exterior plate. I'll be mounting the pick-up tube as well. Since I have the QB tank I made a duplicate of the 8" access plate out of plexiglass remounted sender and pickup tube to the plexiglasss so I could see inside the tank for adjustment to the float location. Worked well and now its time to mount the fuel/sender to the access plate. Is this a TWO step process where the sender and pickup tube get mounted and let stand to cure for a week and then mount the access plate to the tank? If you have renditions of your artistry it would be much appreciated.

Regards
Ron in Oregon::)

Gaskets

I didn't use any gaskets. Proseal only. I think may others have done the same. I did put pro seal on all screw threads as well. The pro seal should squeeze out from under the heads.

I installed the pickup tube and the sender in one session and then installed the assembly in the tank in a second session. I don't think there is any reason you couldn't do it all in the same session if you can control the mess and keep the parts really clean.

I'm not flying but the tanks passed soap tests and extended pressure tests.

Gaskets 300+ hours no leaks

Screws were changed during final assembly. If again I would ditch gaskets.

DSC_0007.jpg

Vlad.Robert and Mike. Talk about great service! You guys have hit the nail on the head with the questions all answered! I'll ditch the the gaskets, consider the mess for the TWO STEP and what a great idea of Torx head screws. ( not sure TORX is the right spelling but they sure make sense! Thanks guys, OH by the way, I bought syringes at the big box PET store. They sell them as puppy feeders. DO remember this, (puppy feeder). Great size about 4" long tube and 3/4" diameter.

Any one going to Sun-N-Fun? Can you check to see if ICOM A210 radio is replaced by a new model this year? Getting ready to buy the ICOM A210 next week from Pacific Coast Avionics.
Thanks guys!!!!!!

Regards
Ron in Oregon.