Skid

Well Known Member
I am looking for some help from the VAF community. I am ferrying an LSA from SE WI, near 7V3, to Venice FL most likely the last week of January, weather permitting.

I am looking for some input on airports in the Atlanta area or points south. My preliminary planning is; KDCY, KAPT, KABY, hoping to make KABY by the end of day 1. This aircraft makes about 100 kts, not my RV for sure.

I am looking for input on airports that may have some hanger space for the night, longer if I get stuck by weather, also an airport near a hotel, and restaurant or that may have a crew car they would loan me overnight (big wish here) or where I can get a rental.

Thanks in advance.

I am looking for some help from the VAF community. I am ferrying an LSA from SE WI, near 7V3, to Venice FL most likely the last week of January, weather permitting.

I am looking for some input on airports in the Atlanta area or points south. My preliminary planning is; KDCY, KAPT, KABY, hoping to make KABY by the end of day 1. This aircraft makes about 100 kts, not my RV for sure.

I am looking for input on airports that may have some hanger space for the night, longer if I get stuck by weather, also an airport near a hotel, and restaurant or that may have a crew car they would loan me overnight (big wish here) or where I can get a rental.

Thanks in advance.

VPC or RYY might fit the bill. I know VPC has a corporate hangar and FBO cars they have been known to loan out. RYY is interesting because of proximity to a lot of hotels and restaurants. I'd give both a call. Both give you a relatively easy route around the West side of Atlanta when the time comes.

Also, one has a N/S runway and one has E/W, so you have options if the wind is an issue.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Venice, almost.

I have personally overnighted at KABY and used their crew car to stay at a local Hampton Inn. The Eagles FBO put me in their big hangar for free. I did get some gas but not a large amount, IIRC. Great facilities also.

Call me if you need anything while in Venice. I'm in the VAF white pages.

I'm in north FL at X35 and have hangar, car and room if needed. Cheap fuel here too. Feel free to stop by and use above options as needed. We'd love to have you.