lostpilot28

Well Known Member
I have to order a bunch of #6 screws from A/C Spruce...the philips heads get stripped pretty easily on the soft metal. Anyway, I was about to order some stainless ones (MS51959) and I noticed that they have an 82-degree head rather than 100-degree. What are the uses of the 82-degree head?

They don't seem to have a 100-degree screw in a #6 size. Does anyone know a good place to order these?

screws

Hi Sonny, Another thing to consider is the screws with a "Torx" head. These can be bought with a 100 degree head from www.microfasteners.com The Torx heads are available in stainless steel and are a 6 lobe design rounded at the outside of the recess. Just an idea..... Take care.

Torx

I used a couple of hundred of these Microfastener Torx head screws on my plane. Definitely will use these again. They hold on my wingtips, wheel pants , fairings and covers. I stayed away from them for my floor pans and such, using AN515 steel wherever there was anything structural to fasten. A little wax from a toilet ring keeps them from galling.
Highly recommended!!

Regards,
Chris