gerrychuck

Well Known Member
I want to have a supply of commonly needed screws on hand for my RV6A (purchased flying last summer), but I'm a little lost looking at all the different packages and assortments offered by Spruce. Any suggestions for a good basic package that covers the main interior and exterior applications? Thanks in advance.

There's a thread from a while ago about replacing phillips screws with torx head screws here:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=76933

Someone had a novel idea of getting torx head AN hardware made and sold through Aircraft Spruce. Would be neat. But, hasn't panned out.

They do list various sizes of hardware used on RV's with relevant part numbers. Good info there.

Hope that helps!

I'm looking for a countersunk machine screw to replace the screw that attatches my wheel pant to the gear axle.
I've noticed that this screw has some kind of elastic stop insert on it and I couldn't find something similar on Aircraft Spruce.
Does anybody knows what it the AN, MS or NAS code for this type of screw?
Thanks,

Fabricio

I'm looking for a countersunk machine screw to replace the screw that attatches my wheel pant to the gear axle.
I've noticed that this screw has some kind of elastic stop insert on it and I couldn't find something similar on Aircraft Spruce.
Does anybody knows what it the AN, MS or NAS code for this type of screw?

On my 6A this is just an AN3 bolt with a drilled head and some safety wire. There isn't any elastic stop of any kind. Confused...

Machine Screw

Mine has a countersunk machine srew with a slot on the threads and a plastic insert on the slot to increase the friction and hold the screw. No safety wires on it.

Fabricio