DevDad

Well Known Member
So, this weekend was a blast, for several reasons. A local RV-8 builder/pilot shot me an e-mail that said he would be popping around en route for cheap fuel, and that I was welcomed to tag along. Suffice to say, a few hours in an -8 made it pretty clear that the side-by-side wasn't going to work for me!

After a couple stops, one for fuel ($3.47/gallon), and one for lunch (Tony's Airside at KLAL, which is closing this coming Sunday!), we were on our way back to KCLW, where Glen picked me up. On the way back, I sent Sarah a text message for her to meet us at the airport. I hopped out, and asked Glen if he would take her for a quick spin.

Here's what ensued:

2226965809_dae9fdedca_o.jpg

2227756764_edd285727b_o.jpg

2227756630_8a45f845c9_o.jpg

Anyway, after coming back and saying "This plane is $*$&(*&@ awesome!", it looks like I will be adding an RV-8 empennage to the garage scenery in the coming weeks!

For you guys whose wives/girlfriends aren't thrilled about you building an airplane, have a friend take them for a spin in theirs. I'd bet it will change their tune.

For those that are interested, I've got my preview plans for the RV-7 and RV-9 for sale here on VAF, and on WingWorker.

Thanks!
Mike

RV 8

Mike,

Welcome aboard! The 8s are awesome!! I will stop in and see you on the way to the Bahamas or on the way back. Give you some more rides. Give me the name of your airport and city. Looks like Clearwater Airpark is your home airport?
jayatvansairforcedotnet

Last edited:
You won't regret it the 8 is the finest of the fleet:D

After flying in one, and experiencing center-line seating with the canopy on these things, I can see why people say that!

I thought I saw a gray & red RV-8 at CLW on Sunday. Then it was gone!

That was us! Hopefully I'll be there more often. Make sure you say hi!

Mike,

Welcome aboard! The 8s are awesome!! I will stop in and see you on the way to the Bahamas or on the way back. Give you some more rides. Give me the name of your airport and city. Looks like Clearwater Airpark is your home airport?
jayatvansairforcedotnet

E-mail sent! When will you be down this way?