prkaye

Well Known Member
I've been going through all the drawings, and haven't found any that show how to connect-up the cabin vents. Questions:

1) I presume that some SCAT tubing plugs into the vents... does this then somehow interface directly to the NACA vents?

2) What about the cabin heat? Does the cabin heat box somehow connect to the vents so that warm air can be selected to come out of the vents, or does cabin heat only come directly through the hole in the firewall? I can't see how you would attach SCAT tubing here, with the arm for the cabin-heat control cable in the way.

3) Does anybody have any good photos showing this stuff on the cabin side?

Thanks!

Phil

FOUND THEM!

LOL just after I posted this I wandered down to the basement and found a bag full of black tubing and stuff that had come with my finish kit a while back. Opened it up and there's a supplemental drawing and instructions page for the vents!

One question still remains... what about cabin heat? Is there no way for it to go to the vents? Looks like it just pours in through that hole in the firewall where the cabin heat box is mounted?

One question still remains... what about cabin heat? Is there no way for it to go to the vents? Looks like it just pours in through that hole in the firewall where the cabin heat box is mounted?

The center tunnel cover has louvers in it... the hot air comes out of there.

mcb

Phil,

When you put the SCAT tubing on the NACA vents, clamp some screen material in there to keep the bugs out. Here's a picture:

I had to use a different type of tubing because of the vents that were given to me. However, my tubing was special made for Van's RV's. Here's a picture to explain: