bkc3921

Well Known Member
During the construction of my 12, the 2 1/2 inch orange scat duct (air intake from filter to engine ) tubing has become slightly damaged due to the internal wire poking through. Only a couple of very small holes that are far less than a square centimeter total.... Fully well realizing I could replace it for $40, is there any type of repair that can be done, and if so, what material..? ? Seems such a waste to toss it considering how small these holes are. (Frankly, I don't like this internal wire arrangement anyway....my kingdom for a different product..!) Thoughts..?

RTV will stick to it
I suppose there is a chance that a small bit of the RTV might break off and be ingested into the engine injectors, correct..? I wouldn't be concerned if this were the heat muff scat...but it's the intake.... I suppose I just answered my own question...maybe I will just bite the bullet and replace. Thanks for the suggestion!

If you really want to save the $40, you could probably wrap it in silicone “rescue tape” - its available in orange, and it sticks to itself nicely. Wrapped around the outside it would be hard to imagine how it could be ingested.

…..or buy a new piece of SCAT.

If you really want to save the $40, you could probably wrap it in silicone “rescue tape” - its available in orange, and it sticks to itself nicely. Wrapped around the outside it would be hard to imagine how it could be ingested.

…..or buy a new piece of SCAT.
Yes the tape works, sort of. Don't pull it on to tight as thats another problem. On a new build I probably just change it out . But keep the damaged scatt in case you need it in the future.