karthikkv81

I'm New Here
All,

I am new to this forum and Aviation. I am having my first flying lesson at Twin Oaks Airport today. I am very thrilled and excited about it. Its my five years of dream come true. I am following most of the threads in this forum for last 2 weeks. I am very interested in RVs now.

Anybody can give me a ride in their RV this Saturday at Scappoose Fly-In? I am willing to pay for the gas. I have more questions to follow about possibly building one this year end or next year after having enough hours and PPL.

- Karthik

Hi Karthik,

Welcome to VAF, welcome to aviation in the great Pacific North West! I won?t be at Scappoose this weekend and I don?t have an RV-10 but I do frequent Twin Oaks for gas, a very nice place and Bob the owner is a good guy. I fly an RV-4, maybe I?ll se you out there some time! A lot of RV stuff going on at Twin Oaks including EAA chapter 105. You?re in a great spot if you?re interested in RVs!

Ride

Karthik,

I can't be at Scapoose, but email me and will be glad to give you a ride most any other time. I'm hangared at Newberg, 2S6 and frequently pop in to Twin Oaks. I have an RV-6a

Best of luck on your first lesson! Your life will change in a very positive direction.
Be sure and join EAA105 but know that the annual fee of $10 also brings a lot of responsibilities, like slinging hash at the monthly breakfast....

Welcome to VAF which is a collection of the smartest, most talented, and helpful RV'rs on the planet! It is a rare question that cannot be answered here,
except religion or politics, that is...

My email is [email protected]

First Lesson experience

Thank you Jerry and Russ for the quick reply and offer. I was expecting a reply, but not this quick. I have seen in many places in other forums (AOPA, matronics forums, etc..) that the RV guys are like close community and very nice. Now I understand.

I had my first flying lesson with my instructor James at Twin Oaks yesterday. I was thrilled and at the same time I was little nervous about heights ( I had fear of height at childhood). My first few minutes in the flight was very tensed, I was feeling like I may fall any time. But after 15 minutes, I started concentrating on the sceneries and wineries in Newberg area. Everything changed after 30 minutes, I started breathing and enjoying the whole flying experience. I have to thank James as well for deviating me.

I agree with you Jerry regarding positive direction. I didnt have any dream or goal till yesterday. So I dint have any motivation to get promotion in my job. Now I have a goal of having an PPL with tail dragger and an RV. So now I started thinking about the ways of making more money. I am very happy about this new goal.

I am a Software engineer by profession. So anybody from Software background building/built an RV? I would like to know their perspective. I believe I can have enough money start building an RV by next year this time. But If there is anything I can do like reading any books about building an RV, etc.., that would be great. Also anybody who is building an RV in this area can show me their work? I would like to know how realistic it is to build an RV like whether I have the skills and patience etc..,

- Karthik

Scappoose Fly-In timings

Hi Karthik,
I will be driving with my wife to the fly-in tomorrow. Perhaps we can meet out there. Around what time are you planning on being there?

Joined VAF today...

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=73337

Hi Marcos,

Its good to know that you will be there tomorrow. I am coming from Hillsboro and will be there by 9:30 AM. You can easily find me, since probably I will be the only one Indian there :)

- Karthik

Hi Karthik!

I recently finished an RV6A project that I picked up from another builder a while back. Still unpainted and a lot of fiberglass work to do, but it's flying!

I am also a software developer and hangared at Twin Oaks. Feel free to come visit me at hangar F7; moving to a different hangar next month, don't know the number though. Not sure if i'll make it to Scappoose tomorrow, but i'll try.

-james

If the WX turns out to be nicer than the forecast I will be heading that way in the morning.

Otherwise I am sure we will meet at another event.

Crappy weather...

I was very much looking forward to Scappoose this year... unfortunately the weather was below marginal with ceilings reported as low as 100 along the route from the north never really improving until the evening. Hopefully the have it again next year and the weather finally cooperates.

bad weather

I went to the fly-in very early. No one was there and the weather was very bad. So I went back to Twin Oaks and met Rick Vangrunsven there. He is very quiet. Very nice guy. Looking forward to next year.

Weather was IFR Portland Scappose with only one RV parked on the ramp. The EAA bunch had the BBQ going and a few were enjoying the day in the rain and mist.

We dropped off our seat cushions at Oregon Aero for Upholstery, 7A interior is painted now and we were ready with our fabric and color choice. Quality product and nice folks at Oregon Aero Scappose so the day was not a total disappointment.

We're ready for summer in the NW fercripsakes