Longacre racing scales.

I got a set a couple years ago. The company located in Reno, NV

Nice folks, good price. They are good up to 1000 lbs per pad.

DAVIS MOTORSPORTS OF RENO
7320 ESTATES ROAD
RENO, NV 89506
(775) 972-6636

Looks like they are having a special.

Good Luck.
JP

Intercomp digital scales

Our EAA chapter is looking for a new set of scales to buy any sugestions.

Jim
Our EAA chapter purchased a set of automotive digital scales from RV9A builder Chris Heitman's company, Pegasus Auto Racing Parts. We purchased a set of Intercomp SW500 digital scales. Intercomp also sells aircraft scales. I spoke to one of their tech reps. The aircraft scales and the SW500 scales use the same load cells. The auto scales are less expensive and you end up with a spare load cell and harness cable. The unused 4th cell simply reads zero on the display. We purchased these in July 2006 when Pegasus had them on sale.
They've worked very well and are accurate to within 0.5 pounds.
Charlie Kuss
EAA Chapter 133
PS Sorry for the delay in responding. I just stumbled over this thread while searching for another.

Last edited:
Check out some of the automotive race scales. They are very accurate and easy to move around.

Our chapter bought a set early last year and we rent them out for $50, including either a chapter membership renewal or a new membership, for non-members.

Not only are they paying for themselves but they are bringing us new members.

I've weighed a bunch of RVs with a set of Intercomp car scales. Low height pads and easy to use although a little heavy to lug around. I made a simple pair of wood ramps to use to roll the aircraft up onto the scales.

The best feature of the car scales with four pads is that since the fourth pad has to be hooked up you can set it out of sight and put an old battery or something on it. Really messes with the eager builder's vision of a low empty weight.

Stan Blanton
Rv-6 (Extremely slow build)