riobison

Well Known Member
I?m making an offer to buy a really nice RV 4 here and I have found all of the SB on Vans web page for the airframe so this part was easy.

But,

Is there an easy place to look for the AD?s and SB?s for our engines and accessories that we are using? The one I?m looking at has the O360 A1A in it.

Thanks

Tim

I have been out of aviation for 8 yrs so what does everyone do to get their AD's and SB's? I'm thinking that in this computer age it is getting simpler, no?

Thanks

Tim

I can?t afford or justify a subscription service so for AD?s, I use the FAA?s clunky website:

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAD.nsf/MainFrame?OpenFrameSet

The FAA does have an AD notification service for your make and model of engine. You must apply for the advisory service.

Also, once you have gone through the tedious process of checking your engine for AD compliance to date, the AD Bi-weekly listing is a relatively easy way to check new AD?s that may apply to your engine between inspections.

As far as SB?, etc, I go directly to the component manufacturer?s website.

Your best bet is to find a mechanic with a subscription service, pay him a few bucks, and have him do a search for all of the above.

Regards,