bpattonsoa

Well Known Member
I checked my governor against the list and found that it was and was not on the list. The SN matched but it was for an 884-3, not the 860-3. Sent an Email to Germany yesterday and today I was informed that the SB was incorrect and should have been listed as a 860-3.

They said it would be corrected at the next revision. I will copy the
Email and put it here later this AM.

SB31 is wrong on several levels. I believe it was a hasty attempt to get out in front of more incidences before they happen. Hopefully the rewrite is done both quickly and correctly.
There is wanton misunderstanding of the theory, design, marketing, and utilization of prop governors and it is at every level from the engineering desk to the end users and every step in between.

Email from Germany

Here are the Emails to and from Germany. Suggest any MT governor owners make a copy.

Hi Bruce ,

Thank you very much for your message and information.

You governor is affected from SB31. So please send the governor for modification to MTUSA with the following address :

· MT-Propeller USA, Inc. *

· 1180 Airport Terminal Drive

· DeLand, Florida 32724

· Attn.: Mr. Peter Marshall

· Phone: (386) 736-7762

· Fax: (386) 736-7696

· E-mail: [email protected]

· www.mt-propellerusa.com

No we do not have the same S/N for different governors . It should be P-860-3 and not P-884-3 , we will correct it during the next revision.

Thank you

Best Regards

Andreas Seperant

Engineering / Tech Support

MT-Propeller Entwicklung GmbH

Airport Straubing-Wallmuehle

D-94348 Atting - GERMANY

phone: +49( 0 )9429-9409-44

fax: +49( 0 )9429 - 8432

www.mt-propeller.com

Von: Bruce Patton [mailto:[email protected]]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 6. September 2016 03:45
An: Andreas Seperant
Betreff: SB31

Question

My governor is a P-860-3 SN 13G256G 4/13. It is not on the list, or is it?

The list has Serial Number 13G256G but is listed as an P-884-3. Do you have the same Serial Numbers for different governors?

Thank You

Bruce Patton

Last edited:
If memory serves (which might be off in this case), Jihostroj was involved in MT prop governors at one time. I have a Jihostroj and it still physically looks very much like the images on the MT site. Has anyone seen any indication of applicability of this SB to Jihostroj governors?

I looked at the Jihostroj site but did not see any SBs jump out.