pierre smith

Well Known Member
Would you kindly update us on the status of the Gemini AP?

Your web site doesn't have anything about it.

Thanks,

Would you kindly update us on the status of the Gemini AP?

Your web site doesn't have anything about it.

Thanks,

Pierre,

There is a thread in their support forum. I've be pinging Lucas ever couple of months. The most recent response was availability for Trutrak branded units was around OSH time frame. Other OEM versions will follow later.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that they hit this time frame. I'm hoping to start Phase 0 in Sept/Oct and hope it's available soon after OSH.

bob

Yeah..

I have often flown coupled LPV approaches with my ADI II but it still hunts a little and no vertical guidance except my trim. The -10 always amazes me with its stability down the glide path...rock solid. The Gemini will be my last upgrade for a while since the first biggie was the 430W and HS 34 Dynon module.

Y'know, tweaking her to my liking:)

Best,

Pierre, I have the Digiflight II VSGV with the Advanced flight interface. I LOVE IT. Shooting coupled approaches down to minimums with both vertical and lateral is fantastic. I can see where I will get lazy. Missed approaches are great as well. Watching the AP and the 430W fly the holding pattern takes all of the fun out of it.
I have now shot two actual approaches down to 3-400 feet above minimums. Nothing to it.
I am not hardcore IFR, but it does help to have a plan B for the not too bad early morning stuff.

Yep...

Another tool in the arsenal never hurts. Seems to me that with the 430W and either the VSVG or Gemini with vertical and lateral coupling, it's just more insurance for those times when the pucker factor kicks in:)

Climbing or descending through layers on autopilot couldn't be easier...and safer!

Best,