pilot28906

Well Known Member
Hello all. Just starting the part where I need the saw horses on the RV7 fuselage. What height horse is best? I am 5'8" if that matters.

Thanks

I just used what I had available. I'm 5-9+, & sometimes I was sitting, sometimes standing on a step stool of some sort, etc, as work position dictated. I suppose that doesn't help you much...

I used the create your own sawhorse brackets from Home Depot, where you use 2x4's. They worked out pretty well because I could reduce the height of them as the fuselage build grew larger.

Variable

Different phases of the project may favor different working heights, adjusted for your stature and comfort. I decided to spring for a pair of height adjustable sawhorses made by Stanley, and so far am glad to have spent the little bit extra on them. IIRC they run about $60/pair from either Lowes or HD, and maybe others. They adjust from 30" to 37". Ref post no. 534 on the following page...

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=29232&page=54

The only down side is that they have to be unloaded and folded flat to change the height, but so far that has not been a problem for me.

Thanks all. Last weekend i purchased the brackets that use 2x4's as i had a lot of them from the wing stands. They are 36" now and are fine but will probably need to be shortened down the road.

I originally built my fuse stand based on some plans posted on this site. Once I got my quick build, I found I had to cut a lot off to lower the stand to a good height for me. I am also 5' 8" and my stand is 14" under the spar and 22" under the tail. It is on wheels that allows me to move the fuse around the garage as needed.