flightlogic

Well Known Member
Patron
Uploaded the latest log files from the D120 to Savy Analysis today. In viewing the graphs, it shows CHT above 400 degrees in the climb.
The live data on the screen never got above 370 for any cylinder.
Any thoughts on why the recorded data differs from that I see in flight?

Have not studied the raw data spread sheet yet. Pretty tedious but I suppose I should, now that I got a high CHT trace from their software.

Are you getting a CHT spike above 400 degrees when you key the mic to talk on the radio? Several guys have that problem (myself included). I called Dynon several months ago and they said I need to send my Skyviews in to have them fixed. Rather than deal with the downtime, I've learned to ignore the CHT spiking annoyance. Someday I'll get up the motivation to pull my panel apart, but for now I'm too busy flying. ;)

When I upload to Savvy and look at the CHT graphs, I see very distinct rises in temperature anytime I talk on the radio. Do you see the same thing on your graphs?

Studied the raw data today. The 400 temps were right there in cruise. Missed it inflight. Not related to radio xmit either. Spiked when I leaned the 320 to 7.5 gph. Apparently I need to run it richer to protect the cylinders. It was showing LOP on Dynon. But I now think it was peak instead. Alt. was 8500 ft.

Have you set the Skyview audible alarm for your CHT? I set mine to 390 so that I hear "cylinder head temperature" in the headset. No surprises later on with this setup!

Gash,
Flightlogic has a D120, not a SkyView. Although the D120 can do an audible alarm too.

If you ever want to fix your CHT on transmit issue, we only need the EMS module back, not the whole SkyView screens.

Flightlogic,
The ROP/PK/LOP detection only works if the settings in your D120 for HP and RPM are right, and they need to be tweaked a little for each engine.

Ok. Will check those settings to be sure they are accurate. Not sure yet if this carb equipped O-320 will be happy at LOP or not.
Today's flight coming out of PHX at 11AM clearly showed I won't be able to pitch the nose as high as I have been in winter. CHT's went over 412 right away with 1000 fpm climb. Lowered nose to 500 fpm and they dropped to the high 300's
Quickly. Dynon doing it's job, as designed. Thanks !!