bret

Well Known Member
What was I thinking, I should have bought one of these a long time ago, or listen to people like Dan and Paul. This little stupid thing is amazing, kicking myself in the butt for being a cheap ars and not spending 34.00 for one of these from the get go.

20131214_155308-1_zpse7cf745d.jpg

Can't see those dinosaurs eggs painted :D

Hu? What ever do you mean? This is so much fun! Match sanding and filling matting parts, primer, sand, pin hole fill, sand, primer, sand, pin hole fill, sand , primer, sand final primer and block, paint, block sand prep, clear....if not good....more sanding....buff....TA DA!......got A love the proses!

Skip the repetion, see drywall compound in tips. Just did my plenum cover, four simple steps from final shape to pinhole free ready to final prime. "The perfect pinhole/weave filler process"

Last edited:
Wet sand!

Brett. Elec sanders are nice but wet sanding
is cleaner and very easy. Use 150-180 grit wet and a block
to break down the rough filler. I used West with 410
Filler. (Easiest to sand) applied with a firm plastic auto body spreader.
This will take care of the majority of pin holes.
Apply a very thin coat of quality auto body
Spot filler with a razor to fill remaining pin holes. The razor will scrape off excess
spot filler and fill the holes. Wet sand with 180-220. Prime with epoxy primer. Wet sand w/600 and your ready for a top coat. If you use drywall easy sand
Compound to fill remaining pin holes, use a 120 sanding sponge and sand off all the compound. Do this dry. It also works pretty well.
Wet sanding cuts very fast and is clean. You'll be pleased with the results.

Last edited:
Hu? What ever do you mean? This is so much fun! Match sanding and filling matting parts, primer, sand, pin hole fill, sand, primer, sand, pin hole fill, sand , primer, sand final primer and block, paint, block sand prep, clear....if not good....more sanding....buff....TA DA!......got A love the proses!

I'm with ya Bret! Some neat tips above (I love hearing about cool techniques from those good with glass...great stuff!), but there are times when a power tool, used wisely ;), is your friend, eh!

image.jpg

And loving the process is an acquired taste...but it is fun (who needs fingerprints anyway!) :D

Cheers,
Bob

Well, here is where I am at so far. I did epoxy primer first, then I saw all the pin holes, so I wet blocked it all down, then glazing putty, then sanded it down again. After the wife leaves I am going to do primer coat two today. I should have read all these ideas first, O well, thanks everyone.

DSC04346_zpsaf0d39d2.jpg

Thay are on sale

Been wanting to try one of those sanders too. Bought one today at my local Do It Best hardware store. On sale for $24.97 and you geta $10 rebate after that! Also picked up a 7.2 volt drill for the same deal. (limit two rebates to a household).