nzrv8

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I am building an RV-8QB in New Zealand. I'm a couple of hundred hours in to the build, but I haven't yet seen a finished RV-8 in the flesh! I am in San Fran on the 25th of April for 4 days, are there any RV-8 owners in the area who would be willing to let me have a look at/drool over their aircraft?

Cheers!

Hugh

SFO RV 8

I'm in Sacramento about 30 min. away. SFO is not a good place to meet but some where close may be. Let me know if you would like to meet Halfmoon bay or some place more friendly than the SFO class B. Dan

I can get to wherever is easiest for you! Awesome, have you got a number I can get you on closer to the time?

2 RV-8's to see in San Jose

About a 40 minute drive south on the SF penninsula from the SF airport, at Reid Hillview airport, my hangar has two RV-8's in it. Mine and my hangar-mate's. If you have been following these forums, you've probably heard most of the common modifications to the kit. I can show you a few of them, and a few I wish I did.

You can PM me, or email me at stephen.c.smith 'at' nasa.gov

Another one close by

Hi Hugh,

I have my RV-8 in Santa Rosa at KSTS. I'm about 60miles north of SF in the wine country. You're welcome to come by if you can.

Awesome, thanks. We have yet to confirm our movements for the few days we are there, but will let you know!

no 8 but a place to stay

I?m building a RV7 QB, and live in Fairfield (about 35 minute drive from San Francisco) while I don?t have an 8 you can look at, we?ve got an extra room you can stay in if you?d like.
Let us know

I live in the city. However, I'm building a -10. I know of a couple -8's in KHAF (30 minutes south by car) and another few in Napa (40 minutes north by car). There are many more points west at Hayward and Livermore, too.

Feel free to PM if you want more info!

Jae

Thanks Mike and Jae - I am always keen to see projects! Will be in touch closer to the time.. Cheers.

I am west/central. Fortunately, a lot of SF houses are built in the shape of an airplane fuselage - long and narrow. ;) With only half of a 2-car garage, it is still definitely a major challenge. However, if we weren't all masochists, then where would the fun be?

Where in SF do you have room to build a -10! :)

I'm also in SF -- just no space to build -- so i'm building in a garage in palo alto.

SFO RV 8

Let me know which airport you wind up at and I'll bring my 8 then you can see more than one. Dan 916-919-2253

San Francisco Bulding Space

Sorry no RV-8 for me (but I can show you our Cozy Mk-IV at Petaluma on Sunday).

Jae and Andrew-

If you are looking for building space in San Francisco let me know. We have a ~1000 ft^2 shop with a ~300ft mezzanine and 20 ft ceilings near the 101/280 interchange (Alemany Farmer's Market) and are looking for a new shop-mate or two.