AirWolf

I am ready to put my Air box back on my O-320, and I want to make sure that I put the tab lock washers on correctly.
First, how do I orient the tab lock washer? The 90deg tab is pointing one direction and the two 'ears' that are closer to the bolt hole are pointing the opposite direction...and that confiuses me, as this tab lock washer has to restrain the bolt, and sit flush against the Air box top plate, AND be safetytied to the other tab lock washers. I am assuming that I have to bend the two 'ears' so that they are pointing the same direction as the 90deg tab?

Second, how do I safetytye the tab lock washer?

An explanation would be great, and a picture to show what it will look like would be a great help!

Ron
RV-9A Getting ready to move to the airport.

Last edited:
The short tab is supposed to sit in a small hole you drill in the sheet metal. The two other sides are bent up against the bolt.

However, on the matronics archives I saw mention of these coming unsafetied with that approach. Therefore, I just drilled the head of four bolts and safety wired the bolts in pairs - didn't use the little fold up lockwashers.