Michael Burbidge

Well Known Member
After wrestling with my safety wire pliers for awhile, without a lot of success, they broke. The shifter sleeve came off the shaft, because the threaded cap that holds it on came unscrewed.

There is no way, that I can figure out, to get the sleeve back on the shaft.
I thought this was supposed to be a quality pair. I think I paid about $100 from Avery. They are Milbar reversible.

Mainly I'm frustrated because now I have to wait to get them fixed or get a new pair.

But if anyone has had this happen and has was able to get the sleeve back on, please let me know.

I can build an airplane but I cannot fix the stupid pliers...

M2Z64oc.jpg

Michael-

Yikes! I literally received this same model pliers today. I hope mine don't go belly up as well. I broke down and spent some change replacing the El Cheapo ones that just broke the other day thinking I would get many years of service out of these.

Call Avery - there is no doubt in my mind they will help you out! What Bob doesn't know about tools isn't worth knowing....

I've had my Milbars for more than 30 years, and have constructed and maintained 3 homebuilts with them. If anything, they work better today than when new.

Same Here!!!!

I've had my Milbars for more than 30 years, and have constructed and maintained 3 homebuilts with them. If anything, they work better today than when new.

.... I purchased a large and a small pair (Milbars) used from a war surplus store in 1968 and they still work great today. They are still available today and now that nothing is made in the good old USA I am sure that the RVers are one of the major consumers of these. Allan....:D

Sent them back

Called Avery today. Bob was out, but they said send them back, we'll fix them. I didn't mean to sound like I was down on Avery. In my experience they always stand behind their tools.

Michael