CNEJR

Well Known Member
Got my new TCW Safety Trim Kit today from Steinair, looks good. Now does anyone have any great ideas on where to mount the module? I wanted to put it somewhere under seat panels, but haven't figured it out yet. Any ideas?

Firewall / floor tunnel

I messed around with mine and wasn't happy with it under the seat. I finally settled on placing it in front of the floor tunnel vertical section near the firewall down low, below where the heat comes in through the firewall. This way the harness wires all reached and it is in a serviceable location where I can adjust the speed of the unit by removing the cover. I've got it wired up and it all works as advertised. Be warned that I have no idea if cabin heat transmission will be an issue. There is about a 1" gap between it and the firewall and 2 or 3" below the plate that separates the cabin heat from the tunnel. I may insulate it but have not done so yet. This is in a 7.

I'm planning to put it on the bulkhead forward of the instrument panel. I have a removeable panel, so maintenance should be easy if required. You want easy access to make the adjustments (such as trim speed) without too much difficulty

Bevan
RV7A wiring

On the seat ribs

I put mine on a seat rib in the same bay as the stick. I installed it with the adjustment screws facing up which puts the harness facing forward. I moved it far enough aft so that it clears the bottom of the stick. I used Rivnuts in two places to attach it. I'll post a photo soon.

See my other post on the location of the microswitch if you're not going with an airspeed switch. It works great.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY PICTURES OF WHERE YOU MOUNTED THE MODULE IN A 8 WITH HAT SWITCHES ON BOTH STICKS? AND DID YOU USE TERMINAL BLOCKS IF SO WHERE DID YOU MOUNT THEM. JUST TRYING TO GET SOME IDEAS.