Jamie Aust

Well Known Member
Why you need to wear shoes when working around your project.
This morning I put my shoes on. I could feel something inside like a small rock, so I gave them a shake upside down and put them back on. Only to find I still had a small bump in the bottom of the shoe.

Lets take a look at the bottom then.

That does not look to bad.

This closeup looks more painful.

Please cover your eyes and your feet when ever you work on your project !

Agreed. No barefeet in the shop

Being a So Cal native, I run around barefooted as much as possible. But, it only took a day or two of actual building to realize that I needed tennies or better on in the shop. Too many stray aluminum scrapes around.

Good tip!

I cringe every time I see someone proudly posing in ther shop wearing sandals or flip-flops. I'd think it would only take one dropped bucking bar to change their mind. Call me geek or nerd, but I wear steel toes in the shop.

I cringe every time I see someone proudly posing in ther shop wearing sandals or flip-flops. I'd think it would only take one dropped bucking bar to change their mind. Call me geek or nerd, but I wear steel toes in the shop.

Well, I am a geek and I will wear steel-toed shoes when I start building. In fact, I'll wear whatever safety gear needed. I tihnk of it this way: If I injure myself to the point of being unable to continue working, I would have to stop building while I heal.

Cheers.

I wear gloves now too... I have enough DNA in my RV8 to never worry about having to prove it is mine...

steel toes?

...Mom was right 30 years ago, and she's still right!
" What good is that shiny 400 horsepower hot rod if you're dead or crippled?"

Lets not forget that a stray scrap of aluminum in the eye, or the toxic effects of the chemicals we use could make it impossible to enjoy the fruits of our labours!...and a lot of the rest of life!

protect yourself like you were at work, on live TV, and everyone was watching!

Last edited: