Dustin B.

Hi,

I just moved to south Atlanta, near Tara Field, and was wondering if there are any RV owners nearby. I'm trying to decide what model RV to go with and would like to get some opinions, see some RV's and maybe go for a ride. I'll pay for the flight :) I just started training as a controller at Atlanta Center so if any of you are ZTL controllers let me know. Also, any websites or local EAA Chaper information would be helpful.

Thanks,
-Dustin

South Atlanta RV's

Come visit us at Peachtree City's Falcon RV Squadron, hanger D-30. It's behind Aircraft Spruce.

Rv-10

Hi Dustin. Welcome to Atlanta. I have an RV-10 at Mallard's Landing, just about 7 miles from Tara. Don't hesitate to call. 770-898-2222 home.

Vic

We also have a a good contingent on the North Side of ATL. at LZU and surrounding areas.
Call me anytime and lets go for a ride! I dont like to scream alone:)

Thanks

Thanks for replying everyone, I had no idea there were so many in the area, seems to be at least 20 around Atlanta. I actually drove through Mallard's Landing the other day, very nice. I may be calling you guys in the next couple weeks, although my work schedule is all messed up. My weekend is on Wed. and Thurs. and sometimes I work nights, but I will definately be in touch. Thanks again.

-Dustin

Dustin,

I work as an instructor at Alexander Technical Center down in Griffin Ga. on their RV tail kit program. Next week we will be putting together a RV10 and RV7 tail kit. Feel free to come on down and get an idea of what it takes to build the tail.

I will be there Mon, Tues and Wend. From 8am till at least 7pm. feel free to come any time. We will be glad to show you around.

Don?s Dream Machines an engine shop on the field has 4 RVs being finished a 9 and three 7s. They will also be glad to show you around.

I am building a RV8A it is based at Seven Lakes Airport near Jackson Ga. I would be glad to show that to you also.

Mike Crowe

Alexander Technical Center

Hi Mike,

I've seen the website and I would love to stop by, probably Wednesday. I would like to bring my girlfriend if thats okay. My brother in Charlotte, NC has also been wondering about your facility too, do you mind if I take some pictures for him? Let me know, and I'll see ya soon.

-Dustin

Same Boat (or plane as it were...)

I'm by Ft. Mac in Downtown ATL and on the very edge of committing to a 9a emp without having seen or flown in a Van.

I partner on a piper (snail) Warrior II with a O-320 that might hit 115mph at 10gph on a good day.

I have 200 hrs in about 2 years and fly a lot of XC which makes the 9a appealing- but a 180hp 7a SURE DOES SOUND FUN!

Annyone building a RV in my neighborhood?

Looking forward to seeing a RV up close and personal.

Regards-

jcmcdowell