6 Gun

Well Known Member
flew rv-6a to s-n-f today there were lots of rv,s parked in home built parking
area as far as other aircraft there seamed to be more hotdog stands than planes this is my first trip in four years and i could not belive the price of $30
to get in when you start to leave watch for gopher holes i think ill call and see if i can get a refund

This year's attendance was definitely down from the past years that I remember. I don't know if it was the weather or fuel prices but don' let this year deter you from coming back again. I remember in past years the homebuilt section being so full that there were not enough parking spots and you had to walk out in the center to see everyone.

I'm sure the weather in Fla earlier in the week and out west had a lot to do with it. I just got back and noticed the sparsity when I was on downwind for 9L on Wed. night. Weather at the show was beautiful when we were there. Our EAA chapter had a record turnout though :) And my son and I had a great time as usual. Left lots of money there. :eek:

Last edited:
We didn't get in until late on Friday. In fact, they had to hold the night show for us to secure our planes and get to the other side of the fence.

I think Bruce is right, the weather kept people away.

Because of some logistical issues, we were never able to walk through the HB section and just didn't have time to get over to HBC. :(

We blasted out early Sunday morning.

Next year we will be in HBC for as long as we can stay there.

Numbers were down but still plenty of people

It was mostly the weather, but I am sure some stayed home because of fuel prices. Thursday evening, a large flock of planes arrived and I was in the middle of them. I was in holding for almost an hour.:eek:

Then there was a fender bender on the runway just as we began to taxi out for departure.:mad: Despite the traffic, it still was a great time. Once again, Smitty, Mary Jane and family were great host at Home Built Camping. This year they had a dinner and a breakfast that were well attended.

Did not buy much this year but did enjoy talking with company reps. A special thanks to Van's canopy maker, Chelton and Whirlwind who each had reps that made the trek out to HBC to look at airplanes and check on product.

There are a few pictures at the below link.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Flyrod01/SunNFun2008

Last edited: