hevansrv7a

Well Known Member
I got the official answer from Charlie Becker at EAA. There were 429 RV's registered at OSH this year. That's a little less than 1 in 10 for those of us who are math challenged. "Impressive" was his comment. Yeah, what he said. I feel honored to have been responsible for one of them.

hevansrv7a said:
I got the official answer from Charlie Becker at EAA. There were 429 RV's registered at OSH this year. That's a little less than 1 in 10 for those of us who are math challenged. "Impressive" was his comment. Yeah, what he said. I feel honored to have been responsible for one of them.

I look forward some day to be one of them, it is just a shame, in my opinion, that EAA treats the RV community like a bast*rd child.......

Hmmm. That seems low to me because last year they were reporting 400 RVs on the field and it sure seemed like there was more area set aside for RVs this year and it was full. But maybe some "mutts" got in there.

Bob Collins said:
Hmmm. That seems low to me because last year they were reporting 400 RVs on the field and it sure seemed like there was more area set aside for RVs this year and it was full. But maybe some "mutts" got in there.

I think whoever counted was still tipsy from the BBQ Bob :) You can take the blame for that one (in a good way), there looked to be a lot to me, I was at the back so I had to walk past them all every time I went to the flight-line.

Glenn, are you ever going to get that darn thing finished so you don't have to carry Darwin's camping gear in your 5th wheel every year you go to Osh?

:)

Good seeing you guys there again.

Mark - N234C
RV-7 - 250+ hrs.

Bob is right, 429 seems low. While 429 registered may be the official number, it is low for several reasons.

1. Many show planes don't bother to register.
2. The RVs that park in other than Area 51 or the homebuilt campgrounds often don't get counted. Many go to North 40, Antique/ classic or various vendor booths.
3. Many show planes don't bother to register.

We took a hand count on Tuesday night of Area 51 and HBC and counted 358 RVs. When you factor in the rest of the field, there had to be something approaching 400 on the field just at that time. And with the ebb and flow throughout the week, 429 is an awfully low number. But, it is virtually impossible to get an exact count.

And Bob, I can tell you with certainty that there was not one more square inch for RVs compared to '06. We are working hard to change that for next year. So long, Red Lot!

Other than 3 or 4 Long EZs and a sprinkling of ???, the homebuilt camping area (HBC) was all RVs. I think we need an new windshield placard for the EAA ground controllers, "RVC"

Steve

sprucemoose said:
1. Many show planes don't bother to register.
2. The RVs that park in other than Area 51 or the homebuilt campgrounds often don't get counted. Many go to North 40, Antique/ classic or various vendor booths.
3. Many show planes don't bother to register.

We're supposed to register? Oops. Didn't know that; I parked my 8 in HBC for 2 days and never did... where/how do ya register when you arrive?

We talked to several RV pilots who who camped in antique/classic because it has shade trees, picnic tables, restaurants nearby and is near the flight line...and they didn't register...

Steve said:
Other than 3 or 4 Long EZs and a sprinkling of ???, the homebuilt camping area (HBC) was all RVs. I think we need an new windshield placard for the EAA ground controllers, "RVC"

Steve
I just noticed this the other day when I was looking back over one of the Oshkosh slideshows. When I looked at pictures 15, 16, and 17, I said to myself, "man, there were a lot of non-RVs there," whereas at the time it seemed like it was all RVs.

Of course this was taken on Sunday (I think) and I assume there's a fair amount of turnover.