cjensen

Well Known Member
I came across a page the other day that mentioned the Boone RV Day will be June 14th...two weeks from today. Didn't see it on the calender here, so I thought I'd check to see if anyone could confirm.

:cool:

Boone RV day

It looks like we might get lucky and have a rain-free day, finally, at Boone, Iowa. RV day is definitely on for this Saturday, June 14th. Several discussions are scheduled including Stein talking about aircraft wiring. The schedule has already been mentioned on earlier posts and appears on the calendar as well. The guys at W&C Aircraft are looking forward to another fun gathering so do join us for some enjoyable RVing!

APRS Demo at Boone

Ryan and I plan to be there with a live APRS demo under the wing of our RV-9A and some extra APRS antennas to sell.

We hope the weather is good and we get the chance to meet some of you.

Little bit of lessor known trivia...I'm not the only one speaking. I'm hitchin a ride down with another famous RV'er from Wisconsin in his RV-10! Lord knows everyone gets plenty of my "opining", so we thought it'd be fun to involve someone else who has far less opinions than me (Oh Wait, Tim is every bit as guilty as me when it comes to sharing our "2 cents"):).

Two tall, fat bald guys talking about avionics and electrical systems for RV's- should be fun! We'll try to keep it short so you don't have to put up with us for very long...or you can wander off and look at the many RV's that are sure to attend.

BTW, if you can make it, the Boone RV fly in is usually a good turn out and the Iowa RV fellows put together a good event. Done like they should be.

See ya'll there!

Cheers,
Stein

Stein (and Tim),

Better make it 3 tall, fat guys... I'm also speaking. See you Saturday.

Bob

Flooding has not affected the Boone airport, weather is beautiful, they are expecting a good turnout!

Don't forget Bob's L6. What a piece of work!!!
I tried to land there later in the afternoon but the winds were more than could muster with the rudder. Sure miss the grass strip.