F5ftiger

I'm flying around with my RV8 for almost 11 month now and enjoy it every time . No matter what I do, flying alone around the block doing some aerobatics, dogfighting with the neighbors Pitts S1 or showing some friends the world from the top; it is always fun with the RV8.
This year I met two guys from an airfield close to mine, they were building a RV9A. (Sunit and Vinod)
I flew over and I helped them couple of times.
This summer they asked me if I could do some hours of flight training with the father Vinod and check him out on their RV9A.
I said of course and we put the 9A in my hangar for 2 Weeks so we had it easier to start of if the time and weather permits...

One day I was flying with Vinod and we returned to my hangar, a Dr.'s couple (he is retired and has no license she is the Pilot) who have their old C172 parked in my hangar too came and looked at the RV9A.
My first response was to tell them you should get rid of your "Wichita sheet metal surprise" and get a RV, thats more economic, faster, better looking and you have lots of space for your day trips...actually I just made jokes!

About 3-4 weeks later, the Dr. called me and asked if I had time for some minutes, I said of course and go ahead. He said, no its better if we speak face to face and he will come to my office in the hangar right now if I'm ok with it...

Uppps, something serious, did I do something wrong?

The answer is simple, I did nothing wrong they want a RV9A :) and asked me if they can build it in my hangar and if could assist them and guide them during the build.

The most funniest thing is, they have not even been sitting in an RV so far!
Thats speaks for the magic of the RV's

Yesterday they orderd the RV9A QB Kit!

Great story Christoph! The Dr won't be disappointed glad to have him finding the best hobby on Earth. Please report with their progress or ask them to join the board.

Hmmmm...

WWII Russian fighter motif, Olive with Red starts?

Maybe everyone on the list should chip in a few bucks and get the most traveled plane on the List a paint job or a wrap?

Heck, with the tension that exists today, maybe a statewide tour as an informal ambassador would be a good idea! Maybe the Govt' would pay for it!

Just sayin'

CC

Great looking stars Vlad. :p

All together...

The first thing I do if someone is interested in RV's is I tell them to look at VAF and check out the forum.
Yesterday some other pilot I don?t know walked into my office and asked me about my -8.
He is also thinking about building one and wanted some info :)

I'm in to building and restoring planes since I'm 5 years old that?s now +/- 33 years :cool: .
Until some years ago before the EASA (European Aviation Administration) took over everything was more or less easy, a system similar to the FAA system. Today it is a absolute catastrophic paper storm and paragraph sh...t!
It took us 1,5 years to get the approval on paper to sign of Airworthiness Review Certificates for our helicopters!

But there is also a good side, all homebuilt and non-standard type certificated aircraft go under the national laws and have a national registration that is accepted by all EASA member states. So we are more or less free to travel within the EU without prior permit.
The next good thing is, due to the national registration all this types are not under direct EASA control and the paperwork is down to the necessary and logic amount. (my view as commercial operator) :)

All that leads people to sell their Cessna?s, Piper?s, Grumman?s and other certified stuff because that paperwork which is asked by the EASA is not doable by a normal human being! Also the AVGAS price here is ridicules (2,70? /3,38$ per Liter that?s around 12,50$ per gal).

This is why I think the Homebuilt sector in the EU and especially Germany is growing this days more than before, affordable low to high tech aircraft with performance at low cost operating and maintenance costs.

Let?s see how it develops!

And one more last thing, and that is the most important:

I cannot remember any other group worldwide that is so tolerant, open minded and interested in sharing their dreams to the interested ones than Aviators and our community!
It does not matter if anyone is a Doctor or a garbage guy, a black, yellow, red or a white one, a catholic priest, Jewish rabbi or Muslim... we all speak different languages but as soon as we start to speak about planes, engines, propellers and the white clouds we all speak the same language and nothing else counts...!!!
Maybe our so called politic leaders should build a RV together :D

I wish you guys all a RV filled Sunday, wherever you are!!!

Christoph

(I go flying)

RVs without the borders

It does not matter if anyone is a Doctor or a garbage guy, a black, yellow, red or a white one, a catholic priest, Jewish rabbi or Muslim... we all speak different languages but as soon as we start to speak about planes, engines, propellers and the white clouds we all speak the same language and nothing else counts...!!!

Christoph

(I go flying)

Very well said Christoph thanks you! Let's go flying!