rzbill

Well Known Member
Yes, there is a relationship between RVs and tomato sandwiches. :)

Diane and I have a vegetable garden.

We live near some commercial tomato fields. The gentleman (Mark) that supplies the plants and other commercial needs for the farmer is building an RV7A and is in my EAA Chapter. I asked him to give me a call this spring when he had plants so that I could buy some plants from him.

Well, time passed. The weather s***ed (much rain). My wife decided to go buy 20 plants from elsewhere. Of course the next day Mark called and said "I got a deal for you. The farmer (David) says he'll trade plants for a ride in your RV."

I stopped by the fields where David was planting. He asked "Do you want some of both kinds" I said sure and he handed me 2 flats (thats 216 tomato plants) :eek:. I got home and my wife said "Holy ****!"

We planted as many as we could fit (150) and gave away the rest.

SO. While y'all were dodgin' weather coming home from OSH, I just finished a pair of monster tomato sandwiches. YUM YUM. :D
And we are canning tomorrow. (and for a few more weekends I think)

I still owe David his ride. That man if frightfully busy but I'll keep at him until he has a chance. :)

Love the Maters!

We live on the airport at Twin Lakes (8A7) near Winston-Salem NC, and have great garden in the back yard adjacent to runway..seems all the RV activity this year has produced a bumper crop of Maters..and we only have about 8 plants. Nothing better than fresh Mater sammy!

tomatoes

Had a great garden and lots of BLT's thats what provided the energy to keep working on the RV.
Bob