jnorris

Well Known Member
I want to thank Randy Stisser and Jim Love of EAA chapter 75. These two fine gentlemen are based at Kewanee Airport (KEZI). I ended up weathered in at Kewanee yesterday and today, trying to get home from Creve Coeur airport (St. Louis area) in my Waco UPF-7. Randy and Jim, along with FBO Dale Lindstrom, went above and beyond to help in any way they could, and I truly appreciate it!

If you are ever flying across Illinois, take time to stop at Kewanee. You won't find a friendlier place.

Thanks guys!!

Last edited:
Joe,

I saw you launch on Sunday morning out of Creve Coeur and was wonder if you made it all the way to OSH. I took off a few minutes after you and flew up north just to see what the weather was like and got in the rain by Quincy. I turned and flew the river home.
Waco flyin was great with 21 "out of towners" making the flight in plus the 20+ that are on the field at 1H0.

Try and reserve some of the RV parking space and keep those DC-3s out of the homebuilt area. See you in 6 weeks

Last edited:
Can't promise anything on the DC-3 parking issue. We're gonna have DC-3s everywhere this year!!

I had a great time at Creve Coeur (as usual). Good turnout considering the iffy weather all around. Hopefully the weather will straighten out so I can retrieve may airplane (and give Randy his car back) on Saturday.

I want to thank Randy Stisser and Jim (didn't get his last name) of EAA chapter 75. These two fine gentlemen are based at Kewanee Airport (KEZI). I ended up weathered in at Kewanee yesterday and today, trying to get home from Creve Coeur airport (St. Louis area) in my Waco UPF-7. Randy and Jim, along with FBO Dale Lindstrom, went above and beyond to help in any way they could, and I truly appreciate it!

If you are ever flying across Illinois, take time to stop at Kewanee. You won't find a friendlier place.

Thanks guys!!

I stopped at KEZI for fuel going to OSH last year. Very nice, friendly airport.

Some guy was in the process of a RV first flight that morning. I talked with him briefly and watched him take off. Appeared to be a normal flight. I called him on local frequency after launch but he did not answer. Hope it all worked out OK.

Just looked up (KEZI) yesterday

Randy Stisser just invited me to stop by and visit at Kewanee Airport (KEZI). So I had to check it out on the maps, er... charts. I had seen him when he flew out to the Seattle area and had hoped that I would be able to fly over that way on a return visit. It looks like I will be unable to make OSH this year so that cancels that idea. Bummer.