Dave,
You bet. I'm in Montclair. I'm moving my RV-10 to KHEF in a few weeks, but it's still in my garage (and basement, and den, and well all over the house :rolleyes:). Anyway, right now I'm down in New Smyrna Beach, Florida getting RV-10 transition training with David Maib (highly recommend him for you South East and Eastern seaboard RV-10 builders -- both David and his 10 are awesome!) I should be back in NOVA Tuesday night so anytime after that feel free to stop by. Shoot me a PM and pass you my contact info and address.

RVers near Woodbridge

EAA Chapter 186 is at KHEF. As Todd said we have several members in various building stages. We just had an RV-7 complete its build and test and moved with the owner/builder to NC. Several other members are in various stages of their projects. Saturday, September 22 10 AM is our next meeting. Come and meet some of the builders if you have time. eaa186.org.

Rob A

Rob, who is our Chapter President by the way, is right. Lots of RV's in 186. In fact the hangar I'm moving into was the home for the RV-7 he mentions. Besides my 10, there's 2 others and an RV-12 under construction by Chapter members that I know of. Of course there's flying examples of just about every model (including a Rocket) too.

RV-7 in Bristow

Dave,

I'm building an RV-7 in my garage in Bristow. I'm right under the flight pattern for HEF, and a short 10 minute drive from the local EAA chapter house. Feel free to send me a PM so I can give you my contact info. You are welcome to stop by any time. Sounds like I am at about the same point in the project. I moved the wings from the stand to the corner of the garage so I have room to start on the fuselage this weekend. And also to give my wife space to park her car in the garage for a while.

Brian