LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
bernie_o_truck-thumb-500x281.jpg

I love my job most when I can combine meeting RVers with the day job. I like RVers most when I learn more about the lives they lead and how they integrate flying into it.

Yesterday, super RVator Bernie Ockuly was driving through the northland and stopped for a break, giving me the opportunity to ask for some RV advice and then interview him about how he's become a long-haul trucker.

I didn't write about the RVing aspect of his life because the non-aviation part was so darned interesting. Enjoy.

Bob,

Thank you for posting your article about Bernie. Bernie was one of the first RVators I met. He takes life so positively and you will never guess the hardships he was going through. I guess your wife (daughter, as Bernie would refer to) was not with you during the lunch. My wife enjoys his compliment every time we met.

Bernie is also the "smoker". He loves to put out a lot of smokes for all the see. Bernie, we are lucky to have a friend and fellow RVator like you.

IMG_0597.JPG

For the short time that I was in Ohio and got to run with the Ohio Valley RVators, it was always fun to have lunch with Bernie. He scored many points with my bride with his "daughter" comments.
You could do a story on the entire group as they are a great bunch of guys and gals!