algrajek

Well Known Member
ANy RVers around Provence area of France?
I will be in Avignon for 8 days from 7/28 thru 8/4. ANyone want too show an American RVer the French countryside? Ill buy lunch! I will bet at the Avignon Grand Hotel.
Thanks!
AL Grajek
Lexington, Ky
859-361-9460
[email protected]

Hotel

If that is the Grand Hotel by the train station just out side the city wall, that is a nice hotel you will enjoy your stay. We stumbled on that place by accident one trip. Good luck hooking up with a builder, it should prove a memorable experience.

Cheers

Mike,

I get back from Oshkosh on Saturday, 1 Aug, and have the day free on the 2nd. I am in Toulouse, which is about 3 hours from Avignon by car. A friend is working on an RV-8 here, and there is a beautiful RV-6A nearby, that was just completed. If you are able to travel to Toulouse, I have plenty of room for you to stay overnight. My phone in France is +33 6 78 21 58 01. If you can't make it, a recommendation for you is to see the Pont du Gard, which is just north of Nimes. It was built around 100 AD, but the foot bridge was added on in the 1700s, designed by Henri Pitot. He also invented the pitot tube, some 150 years before an airplane ever flew.

Al,

You can check on this map to find out RV builders in France even if I'm pretty sure it's not exhaustive.

I'll be at Oshkosh so I'm sorry I can't help you to get contacts, but I know many French builders look at this site regularly so someone might chime in.

Welcome in France and have a nice stay

Last edited: