RV8Squaz

Well Known Member
Any of you get the RVator? I just received the second issue 2008 last week. It is printed on cheaper paper and not bound the way it normally is. The print quality on the photos and the comic strip are pretty bad too. The comic strip wasn't legible. Were yours the same way? Is Vans cutting back?

Jerry

Any of you get the RVator? I just received the second issue 2008 last week. It is printed on cheaper paper and not bound the way it normally is. The print quality on the photos and the comic strip are pretty bad too. The comic strip wasn't legible. Were yours the same way? Is Vans cutting back?

Jerry
My thoughts exactly. It is reasonable to suppose that Van's is subtly (or not so subtly) encouraging us to accept the on-line version of "The RVator" as we are nudged to accept the economic realities that are part of the 21st Century. The second 2008 issue is visually awful and almost laughable in poor quality. I was willing to pay the price for the print version of "The RVator" because after all, some of us do like to thumb through the pages of a real magazine. There is something about the look and feel of a magazine that no monitor or printer paper can mimic. On the other hand, I do recognize that Van's is not in the publication business. The printed periodical has been a nice experience in the past but change is inevitable. Oh well.

I love the online version in that it is free and I can get it by just a download. My problem with it is that it seems to always just be filled with old news lately. For instance: With all the other outlets and reports for news on the RV12, I don't think any of this latest edition was new to anyone. Love hearing about the RV12 but to fill 6 1/2 pages up with stuff we already had access to was a waste of space.

Maybe they just need filler but if that is true, listen to the tech support phone calls and read the emails. I am sure there are plenty of topics they could fill the pages with.