wltrmtty

I received a $30 Amazon gift card for Christmas. As I searched their website, I found the 1980-2006 compilation of RVator. I'm considering building the RV-14 down the road and wonder if this would be helpful as it seems the RV-14 kit is so much more advanced than what you would find in these articles. I have general experience with aircraft assembly.

Thanks!

I bought and read the RVator and found parts of it interesting from a historical perspective, but found it of little use in building my -10. I don't recall ever referring to it once I started building. You will find much more current info right here on VAF.

Jim Berry
RV-10

Perhaps the flange straightening tool will be handy on the -14. Of course, it's here on VAF too. And for that matter, why not just jump right to it - here's mine:

10wse40.jpg

2vdqil0.jpg

There you go. The angle is 11 degrees, by the way - important.

Dave

Last edited:
Use your gift certificate to buy a Van's and EAA calendar; one for home and one for the office. The motivation from looking at cool airplanes will help you much more than reading old RVators.

Jim Berry
RV-10

I'll disagree with everybody here and suggest the old RVators are useful even for your new model. However, they might be more useful in PDF form so you can search them.

I was cleaning the office today and picked up my copy of the RVator compilation and started reading through it. An hour later I was still reading. And I've read the darn thing cover to cover more than once already. I find it to be a wealth of good information, and in my view, more reliable than the information you will find on a website. I'm not giving up my copy, as I still have much to learn from it.

I am a new builder and just got a copy. While much is probably obsolete and much is also available here on VAF, I am a paper-in-the-hand kind of guy. I love being able to flip through the pages and there is A LOT of good info in there. Been through it twice already.

Of course, I am a dinosaur. I don't even have a Nook EReader. Just walls and walls of books.

I did find the entire compilation posted online while searching wingtip lockers but the link is saved on another computer.

If you are looking for step-by-step instructions on how to build your RV-14, the RVator compilation is not for you. If you are looking for tips, techniques, and knowledge about building and flying RVs in general, it's a treasure trove of information.