I don't think so

better off selling the 8 emp and going with the 7 , as of now the 7 has been changed to the rv9 emp its gone through a few changes or so I have heard..
have you started building the 8 tail yet ? my next project will be an 8..

Danny..

Well, the -8 emp has a narrower section at the center of the HS. I think it won't fit. The VS *MAY* fit. It isn't worth trying, as you will need a new HS anyways.

Get the -7 emp and build it up.

:cool: CJ

as of now the 7 has been changed to the rv9 emp its gone through a few changes or so I have heard..

I'm pretty sure the only parts that are common to the 9 and 7 emp are the VS Skeleton and the Rudder. (The 8 looks like it uses the VS Skeleton and same VS Stab skin as the 7.) At least that the only drawings I have in my plans for my 9 emp with multiple model numbers.

Jeff

1911pilot said:
I'm pretty sure the only parts that are common to the 9 and 7 emp are the VS Skeleton and the Rudder. (The 8 looks like it uses the VS Skeleton and same VS Stab skin as the 7.) At least that the only drawings I have in my plans for my 9 emp with multiple model numbers.

Jeff

That is true. The OLD style -7 used the -8 rudder. The NEW style uses the -9 rudder.

The -9 HS has the fat HS ribs all the way to the tip and sports a MASSIVE trim tab that is about 18" long! The -7 is similar to the -8 HS, but where it couples with the fuse... it is wider. This is due to the fact that the -7 fuse has a greater taper due to the double wide cabin.

:cool: CJ

The Horizontal stab is basically a 10' long Hershey Bar. I've been wrestling it around in my basement the last couple of days, it can get interesting sometimes. I couldn't believe how long the trim tab was when I was inventorying my kit, the trailing edge is just under 31" long!

The -9 HS has the fat HS ribs all the way to the tip and sports a MASSIVE trim tab that is about 18" long!