Jettison

Looking to buy a folding e bike to put in the baggage area of the RV7 slider. My airplane is in the paint shop or I would measure it myself. How much space is there between the top of the seats/support bar and the canopy? Thanks!

I cannot answer your question directly however what I can recommend is the tip up slider modification that is offered by aircraft extras. They have two versions. I have the one called Johns tip up with the centre support and it is fabulous especially on a seven where your tail is so much lower as it’s easy to get bags in and out at about chest tight, and lots of vertical clearance .

FWIW, I regularly fly with my (regular, non E-bike) mountain bike or gravel bike in a 7a. Wheels off, dropper post down, handlebars off. Fits great and have plenty of room for baggage. No modifications. No passenger, though.

Looking to buy a folding e bike to put in the baggage area of the RV7 slider. My airplane is in the paint shop or I would measure it myself. How much space is there between the top of the seats/support bar and the canopy? Thanks!
My stock slider measures 17-1/2” next to the canopy latch handle.

FWIW, I regularly fly with my (regular, non E-bike) mountain bike or gravel bike in a 7a. Wheels off, dropper post down, handlebars off. Fits great and have plenty of room for baggage. No modifications. No passenger, though.
That is good to know, I have several bikes