bowcarroll23

I'm New Here
Hey everyone iv been lurking for a long time but this is my first post. I recent had a coworker tell me about a complete unopened RV-6a kit that his neighbor who is too old to finish is wanting to sell. Out of curiosity what would the going rate for something like this be as I do t see them posted often?

18 years ago I purchased a partially completed RV-6 kit minus the finishing kit, i.e. Tail, wing and fuselage kits. The tail and wings were mostly finished. I think I paid $9k. The older kits are not for everyone so prices tend to be lower than original purchase price. I think those 3 kits for my first RV-6 were about $11-12k.

If it is an earlier one (before 1998 I think) nothing was predrilled and there is a lot of work locating holes, etc. Somewhere around 1999 Vans changed to predrilled which shortened the assembly time a bit. Obviously depending on the date that the kit was produced will impact the real value. But back in the late 90’s the kits were around $10 to 12K I think. Today worth less for sure. Be sure he has all of the kits, there are 4, and determine if it is a slider or tip up.

2000 RV series prices:
And for fun, RV-4 1984 price from my info packet.

Attachments

• IMG_3378(1).jpg
    IMG_3378(1).jpg
    817.5 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3381(1).jpg
    IMG_3381(1).jpg
    828.1 KB · Views: 166