Are you selling a project that require those parts? OR... are you looking for those parts? Your post title is a ambiguous

Good morning. I’m just curious if a RV9 mount and gear legs would work on a RV6. I don’t know if or what there is for differences.I saw the 9 mount advertised by Vlad and remembered this post. Thanks in advance. Aurele

Screenshot from the vansaircraft.com web store. Product explicitly says RV-6/7 ...

Screenshot from 2024-06-20 20-57-06.png

Having had a broken engine mount a few years ago, I can say that early RV-6(A) engine mounts were manufactured by a different vendor than the one that is presently used. A new JIG to fabricate the current RV-6,7,9(A) engine mount was created by the current vendor for all the new production. The same engine mount is currently supplied for the RV-6,7,9 builds and replacement. I did replace the engine mount but I paid to have a custom engine mount that was built from my damaged mount. It was reported to me that my old mount was 3/8" longer than what a new production unit would be. The main four mounting points to the fuselage was the same as what the new engine mounts were.

IF you are replacing an OLD engine mount on a flying airplane, there MAY be some issues with cowl fit behind the prop. IF you are in the process of building and the cowl still needs to be fit, build on.

I do not work for Van's Aircraft and my above post has been my experience.

Having had a broken engine mount a few years ago, I can say that early RV-6(A) engine mounts were manufactured by a different vendor than the one that is presently used. A new JIG to fabricate the current RV-6,7,9(A) engine mount was created by the current vendor for all the new production. The same engine mount is currently supplied for the RV-6,7,9 builds and replacement. I did replace the engine mount but I paid to have a custom engine mount that was built from my damaged mount. It was reported to me that my old mount was 3/8" longer than what a new production unit would be. The main four mounting points to the fuselage was the same as what the new engine mounts were.

IF you are replacing an OLD engine mount on a flying airplane, there MAY be some issues with cowl fit behind the prop. IF you are in the process of building and the cowl still needs to be fit, build on.

I do not work for Van's Aircraft and my above post has been my experience.
Appreciated. I've gone to Russ M. to see if he could rebuild my 1995 Mount and the answer was no because he doesn't have the fixtures. The other Firm in Chehalis, WA never replied. Is there anyone else I can turn to? Thank, you!

Last edited: