Tom Martin

Well Known Member
For the stock RV14 engine installation there is a fibreglass engine intake air plenum that goes from the front left baffle ramp to the inlet of the throttle body.
As is normal there is a gasket called out for between the throttle body and the engine but there is no mention of a gasket between the fibreglass plenum and the front of the throttle body.
Perhaps this is an omission, and if not, I believe that a gasket there would be a good idea. There is bound to be some minor movement between the glass plenum and the throttle body and a gasket would keep the parts from wearing on each other.
Has anyone a part number for a gasket that would work on the front of the throttle body; it is larger then the aft gasket.

I agree that a gasket would be a good idea. My Superior engine from AeroSport had a cover plate over the inlet to the throttle body with a gasket, and I used that gasket between the snorkel and the throttle body.

I have been maintain numerous RV''s for many years now and there has never been any indication of abrasion or wear without using a gasket.