VPilot

I'm New Here
Hi All, has anyone successfully updated the Dynon HDX to version 16.7.0 dated Feb 22 2024 with the latest Vans settings file dated July 14 2023?

The instructions says to download latest software from the Dynon Website, but also says do not install a later version than the settings file. It also says Vans will publish the approved software version on their website, but it is not there.

I’m currently running version 16.4.0 so a few versions behind now and would like to get it updated.

Hi All, has anyone successfully updated the Dynon HDX to version 16.7.0 dated Feb 22 2024 with the latest Vans settings file dated July 14 2023?

The instructions says to download latest software from the Dynon Website, but also says do not install a later version than the settings file. It also says Vans will publish the approved software version on their website, but it is not there.

I’m currently running version 16.4.0 so a few versions behind now and would like to get it updated.
Presently we are beta testing 16.7.2, which Dynon says it will be released soon, and is also being released for the LSA aircraft. Wait a month or so, and do it then, and you should be good.

I'm running "16.6.0 - 11/02/2023" on my RV12 dual screen HDX, after upgrading from 16.4.0.. Works great!
I will wait and upgrade to the new 16.7.2 when it's released. There's a recent thread on a Dynon upgrade.

Just downloaded latest upon initial installation into my 12 and all appears fine so far including readings from all the new engine sensors. Only problems was it did not show the autopilot servos. Then remembered I did not turn on the switch.

Just downloaded latest upon initial installation into my 12 and all appears fine so far including readings from all the new engine sensors. Only problems was it did not show the autopilot servos. Then remembered I did not turn on the switch.
Great result. Was that using the latest settings file from the Vans website? RV12 or RV12is?