DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Just a short note to let those worried about loosing the RV Yahoo Group archives know that I'll figure out a way to keep those archives online. The info in them will not be lost and will be searchable for years to come.

I strongly suspect Dave Par of www.RunwayFinder.com fame will help me with this somehow (he currently hosts a copy of the Yahoo RV-7/7A archives on his site HERE).

Best,
Doug

PS: The Lycoming Yahoo Group, which I also own, will not be decommissioned.

Yes, I have an archive of the RV-4/6/7/8/9/10 and main "vansairforce" Yahoo Groups. I may have missed a few messages along the way due to Yahoo Groups thinking my email address wasn't working, but I have 99% of them. I'll email you Doug and we can figure out what to do with them.

Dave

And what about the archives from the new groups that will spring up to replace the one's that Doug is shutting down? Will they be included in this archive system, or will the archives be splintered?

I'm not planning on archiving the new groups that pop up. Archiving a fixed set of messages is much easier than dynamically adding messages to the archive. Sorry about that.

In case anyone is concerned, I'm not planning on making a fortune off the archive. I might have a Google ad or two to help offset the hosting costs, but that's it.

I'll work on it a bit this weekend. I hope to have it up and working in the next 2 weeks.

On a side note, I think I still have the messages from the old RV8 Yahoo Group. I should be able to merge those in as well.

Dave and Doug - please confirm you've grabbed the files, photos etc from the various RV groups. We don't want to lose those. There is a lot of good stuff in there.

I haven't grabbed the files and photos yet, but it should be easy to do. I'll try it this weekend.